Recykal is a recycle-enabling technology that connects waste generators with collectors, processors and recyclers, seeking to increase collection and recycling rates by merging the informal and formal waste sectors.
KEY CONSIDERATIONS: Recykal is currently operational in India, with unique products and services for each stakeholder in the waste process.
MORE INFORMATION: https://recykal.com/
In many developing and emerging economies, the informal and formal waste sectors are not effectively integrated, leading to inefficient collection and recycling processes, and a lack of transparency on waste supply chains. The outcome is less waste collected, and less waste processed, and more waste leaked into nature.
Recykal is an end-to-end cloud-based waste and recycle-enabling technology that connects waste generators with collectors, processors and recyclers. The software assures transparency and traceability in supply chains, transparency in pricing and recorded electronic payments to improve conditions for wastepickers.
- Transparency and traceability in supply chains – Comprehensive tech-enabled track-and-trace capabilities lead to effective recycling of the materials collected.
- Increased Collection Volumes – Digital technology allows scalability both in terms of frequency of activities and reach-out with households allowing for an increase in collection volumes.
- Better livelihood for wastepickers – Increased collection volumes, pricing transparency, and visibility into pickup schedules result in improved livelihood for waste pickers.
- Rich Data Intelligence Capabilities – Data-driven reporting allow municipal bodies to make informed decisions on future capacity enhancements, route planning etc.
- System generated bills and reports – Digital payments and invoicing is streamlined with auto-generated reports.
- Streamlined and Scalable Operations – Scheduling pickup/drop brings the convenience of responsible disposal, solves storage problems for all supply-side stakeholders.
See other collection and recycling solutions such as Solu, Sweepsmart, Upp! and Kabadiwalla Connect.
CASE STUDY EXAMPLES
Recykal has launched project with Aditya Birla Group, Accor Hotels, Westside, Big Basket, Maruti Suzuki, Honda , Spar Supermarket and Banyan Nation. Recykal is headquartered in Hyderabad and has operations in Mumbai and Pune.